Final Result
What I used
To shoot my time lapse I used my IPhone. The IPhone automatically takes the shots when you start to record, then it will compress it into a video when you stop recording, but with IPhone no matter how long you film the video will only be 20 to 40 seconds long. It depends how long you film for, for what the speed and frame rate will be. I recorded twice for roughly 30 to 40 minutes, so both clips will be 1 frame every 2 seconds and the speed will be 60x.
Software

1.) The software I used to edit was Adobe Premiere Pro, I got my clips off my phone and saved them onto the computer. I then imported them into Premiere by going to File > Import then going were I saved the clips, once they were imported I put them into order when it was light go to dark.


2.) After putting it into order I then added the title and credits, when I was adding the title, I didn't want a plain black background, I had a clip that I had done when testing out the time lapse, so I added that clip to the title and I it turn out better than just a plain background.

3.) Lastly I added the music, to add the music I got a song off YouTube, then converted it to a mp3 and downloaded it. Once downloaded I imported it, I dragged it in and cut it so it was the same time as the video and made it fade at the end. Also when getting a song off YouTube make sure it's copyright free.
Exporting
When I had done my edit, I went to make it into a mp4, click File > Export > Media, for the Format I choose H.264 and for Preset I choose HD 1080p 25. When it was exported I uploaded it to YouTube.
(I lost the screenshots of the Import and Export progress.)
Review
Making the time lapse was fun but not easy the first time trying to film the time lapse was really hard because of the weather, it was windy when I was filming so my phone kept moving or falling over and was hard to keep still. Also of the cold weather my phone would some times turn off in the middle of filming. None of the clips were long enough and it was shaky so had to redone it. The second time was much easier, I got a little stand so my phone wouldn't move and I also took a battery pack so my battery wouldn't run out. The thing that was the easiest part was the editing part of the production, editing the clips together and adding the music, which through the music matched the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment